Hasco Forge FO4-328B
OIL BASED FORGING LUBRICANT
Hasco FO4-328 B is a heavy duty, lead free forging lubricant formulated with high levels of lubricity additives and a high viscosity to help improve die life and increase production on parts with difficult geometries. FO4-328B minimizes heavy die build up and produces low levels of smoke.
- FO4-328B is designed for the hot forging of aluminum alloys for the automotive and aerospace industries where die temperatures are typically between 670°F and 770°F.
- Certain applications and conditions may allow the product
to be used at temperatures outside of this range.
- FO4-328B was designed for near-net aluminum applications, FO4-328B has been found to perform well in heavy-duty titanium applications.
- FO4-328B can be used as received or cut back with 20 – 30% with a light viscosity oil for lighter duty applications.
- Excellent lubricity prevents excessive die wear and reduces scrap High flash point promotes fire safety.
- Minimizes heavy die build up
- Suspends graphite to reduce packing and lessens the need for agitation
- FO4-328B must be applied by swab or brush when used neat.
- If cut back with a light viscosity oil as described, high pressure spray equipment can be used.
- Agitation is recommended before and during use to ensure even distribution of the graphite.
|Appearance||Visual||Visual||Thickened Black Fluid|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F||-||ASTM D 1298||0.96 – 1.00|
|Density @ 60°F||lb/gal||ASTM D 1298||8.2|
|Flash Point, COC||°F||ASTM D 92||430|
|VOC||g/L||ASTM E 1868-10||8.0 g/L|